Friday, 18 October 2013

10 Fall Fashion Essentials!

Hey all,

Fall might be my favorite season out of the four even more than summer and that's because I like to throw on colorful sweaters and wear my boots or booties. I like the combination of dark colors and light colors. Black is always dominant and neutrals come in too as dominant. The black and neutral colors are always basics then the challenge is how you can change your deadly outfit into a lively one. Here is where you can play around and accessorize a simple outfit to create so many playful outfits. Accessories can be playful by color, texture, prints, sizes and items from scarves to bags to statement jewelry to jackets or blazers to even shoes. Anything that comes to your mind.

I have picked up ten items that I consider to be essential in our daily routine. You can dress them up or dress them down. You can create settled outfit or edgy playful one. You just have to use your imagination and inspiration from your surroundings.

Let's start with our items:


1. White Shirts: it's essential all year round and never out of trend. It's a key piece in your wardrobe. You can have a plan one or have some texture in it from ruffles to embellishments. It's better if it's simple. I am always in a hunt for a good white shirt that I feel comfy in and that I can wear all the year with out getting bored from it. Make sure to chose a shape that fits your body from slimming it to showing your strong features and hiding any imperfections.

2. Leather Pants: a pair of leather pants always makes you look edgy and sexy. They add a different texture to an outfit. You can either wear them at night or in the morning. It depends on how much you're confident with what you wear. I think they add so much to a simple outfit whether they're paired with a chunky sweater or a simple white tee or shirt and tweed jacket or a leather jacket even a fur vest can make everyone's jaws dropped!

3. Chunky Sweater: it's the most comfortable clothing piece in your wardrobe or that's how I consider it. It's my choice after hoodies when I want to dress very fast. I like to wear it when running errands and just doing my daily activities. You can find them now with every shade of color that you could imagine and with many details such as a distressed back, holes, sequins or with lace. The second best after comfort is that they hide all your imperfections around your bust or stomach area.

4. Flannel Shirt: it was my everyday choice last year's fall. I bought many of it and with different colors. I played around with it so much but this year I decided to change my style a bit and go for basic simple and neutral alternatives. I still love it especially with jeans or red pants.

5. Fur Vest or Jacket: this season, I am obsessed with everything fur. Even this year the trend is fur bags but, I still prefer the fur vest and jacket. It's warm, fluffy and cozy. It puffs any outfit to transfer it a million dollar outfit. That's how I function and think when a fur coat or jacket is in my mind. Any color and shade is beautiful from black to gray to beige to camel to brown to any bright or bold color. Just get yours to fit your clothing and style.

6. Tweed Jacket or Leather Jacket: either choice is accepted but if you have both then that's great. I am still looking for the right leather jacket but for the moment I have my tweed jacket. Oh, you will need this jacket always especially at night when it gets chilly. It adds sophistication to any outfit.

7. Lace Top: I adore lace so much, in spring and summer I tend to gravitate towards white lace then in fall and winter I adore black lace everything but I prefer it as a top. You can pair it with leather pants or even leather skirt. My utmost outfit, it will be my birthday outfit this year!

8. Statement Accessories (Scarf or Necklace): Statement jewelry or accessories is key in any outfit for fall. I would prefer the necklace over a scarf but when the weather gets colder, you'll need a warm cute scarf to wrap yourself with and especially if it has a leopard print! For statement necklaces, I have many and I love wearing them because they give so much to a simple basic outfit of a neutral shirt and pair of jeans. Gold necklaces are super inn and I prefer them much more than silver ones. You can choose simple gold necklace or you can have a gold necklace with colored stones in it.

9. Boots and Booties: booties in red or any bright color such as purple or royal blue is magnificent idea when you're wearing all black outfit. The pop of color changes all your style and outfit. You will see how people will start looking at you.. They will be inspired! Booties in a skin print such as leopard or snake will as well be as good as a colored one. For boots, it's preferable to be more settled because it takes about third of your leg's length so it's better to be dark so it draws attention to other details in your outfit.

10. Classic Black Bag: you know that black is everything in fall and winter so you'll be wearing it a lot therefore invest in a good black bag that is classic and last for ages therefore you can wear all the time and in every occasion. Trust me, I still borrow my mom's black bag because I still don't know what to buy... It's not easy but take your time when searching.

I hope you got a benefit from this post. Tell me if you have the same problem of searching the right clothing item of accessory and if you have a recommendation, please let me know, I would love to learn from you!

Love xoxo,

Maha

1 comment: