Friday, 4 October 2013

My Foundation Routine!

Hey all,

Today, I will be talking about my foundation routine and how I apply every face product. I don't apply makeup everyday only occasionally and if I am going to university. It's been a while after my summer vacation where I am only applying makeup twice a week. Now, let me tell you, I am actually happy! That's because my skin actually became better! It's not breaking out a lot like back in summer time when I applied almost makeup daily and for 18 hrs., but, honestly, I committed a huge mistake and that was; not cleaning my brushes! I know, I know.. This is very WRONG!!! Do Not Do It Please!!


Let's begin with the steps:

1. Moisturizer: I moisturize my skin with Bobbi Brown 'Hydrating Gel Cream' which I love so much and it smells amazing, then I apply Bobbi Brown 'Hydration Eye Cream' and wait for 2 minutes to get soaked into my skin. I will make a "My Skin Care Routine" very soon.
2. Foundation: I combine, Garnier 'Miracle Skin Perfector' BB cream in medium and Make Up Forever 'Mat Velvet +' in no. 30, together and they work really well for me. I like having a semi matte, semi dewy skin but still keeps the oil away and this works very well. The BB cream shade is dark on me and the matte foundation is lighter than my skin but when I combine them proportionally, the color fits me well and they have the best coverage ever. I love it!
3. Concealer: First, I apply NARS 'Radiant Creamy Concealer' in the shade Honey. I apply it where I want to hide some of the marks that the foundation couldn't hide and I don't usually need a lot because it has high coverage and my foundation already covered 90% of my marks. As well, I apply it under my eye where I have dark circles. Second, I apply Maybelline 'Dream LUMITouch' highlighting concealer in the shade light. I apply it on the points of my face that I want the light to hit and "highlight", this would be under the eyes, the bridge of the nose, cupid's bow, around the nose and the forehead.
4. Powder: I powder with my Chanel 'Mat Lumiere' shade 40 Sable. It has a matte finish and it's luminous at the same time. I powder after foundation and concealer and after I finish all my makeup, to give extra touch up. I already have a review on it here .
5. Bronzer/Contour: My all time favorite bronzer is NARS 'Laguna' bronzer. I contour my face with it meaning I apply it on the jaw lines, my temples and the cheek bones. Review will be found here .
6. Blush: You know by now that my all time favorite is NARS 'Orgasm' blush shown above and I use it very often and more than any other blush although I alternate from time to time depending on my makeup look and outfit. Review found here .
7. Highlight: Before going to the summer vacation, I bought this Bobbi Brown 'Shimmer Block' in Beige and fell in love with. I don't always apply it but recently it became a habit to apply it because highlight is important in a makeup look and some shimmer ain't gonna hurt no body... ;b I apply it just above my apple cheeks and on the bridge of my nose very lightly.

So, how do you find my foundation routine?! I recommend all the products above. I think you will love them too and if you tried some or all, let me know if you like them.

Love xoxo,

Maha

No comments:

Post a Comment